Photos of the winners of the 2017 film and photographic competition. For more of what happened at the Film Festival facebook.com/sheetfilms
For the full press release click here: Press Release Sheet Film Festival 290517
The Adult winning film ‘Scared Witless’ was a real cracker submitted by Joe Dawson. The jury loved it. It was well thought out with beginning, middle and end and very funny. Joe was presented with a cheque and a Phil Haynes Award.
Fleur Ash was the junior winner with Reverse Film, a really clever film showing everything backwards. It was endlessly fascination watching life backwards, particularly eating and drinking. Eating a pizza backwards was extremely clever as they ended up with a whole pizza! Fleur also was awarded a cheque.
Poppies submitted by Judy Newbury. This photograph had tremendous impact and also contained excellent subject matter, had great textural qualities and use of natural lighting. All in all a worthy winner.
An extract from ‘Poppies’ the winning photograph.
The Young Voices of Sheet performing at the 2017 Film Festival
SHEET FILM FESTIVAL 2017
It’s time for the return of the Sheet Film Festival! Come and join us at ‘Focus on Sheet’ . Friday 26th and Saturday 27th May.
This year’s event – ‘Focus on Sheet’ – will take place in the garden of the Queen’s Head pub on Friday evening (26th) and Saturday (27th) May. Come along and be part of this great event. Entry is by wrist band – £6 for the Friday evening or Saturday or £10 to include both day’s events. These can be purchased in advance from the Queens head or at the gate on the day.
As well as the popular film-making competition, there will also be a photography competition on a theme of ‘Focus on film’. You are invited to submit your short films and photographs. Cash prizes for films:
- 7 – 10pm Photography competition entries displayed in Sheet Village hall meeting room. Come and vote for your favourite photo.
- 7.00pm The Rock choir, new to our programme.
- 7.30pm Children’s cartoon film.
- 8.15pm Live band.
- 9.30pm The long-awaited return of the silent films with live piano accompaniment, which people thought was really fantastic last year.
- 2 – 10pm Photographic competition entries will be displayed in the Sheet Village Hall meeting room.
- 2pm The Sheet school choir, which performed so brilliantly last year.
- 2.30pm Live bands entertain.
- 5pm The films from the competition will be screened.
- 5.30pm Presentation of awards.
- 6.30 -10.15pm Live music.
- 10.15pm Re-run of the film competition entries.
- 11pm. Event closes.
1st prizes for under 11s and 11-18s – £50 each. (Phil Haines Award)
Cash prizes for photographs – 1st prizes for under 11’s and for 11 – 18. – £50 each.
There will also be a ‘Public’s choice’ award in the film and photography categories.
How to enter:
Instructions are on facebook.com/sheetfilms.
Alternatively, DVD or memory sticks can be delivered to 79 Tilmore Gardens by midnight on Friday 22 May 2017.
Late entry is allowed at organiser’s discretion.
SHEET FILM FESTIVAL 2016
Friday 27th, 28th and 29th May – Spring Bank Holiday weekend. The Sheet Film and Arts Festival. Now approaching its third year, Sheet Film Festival presents its most ambitious and exciting programme yet. Venue Queen’s Head Sheet garden. The Film Festival needs your films! So go to our Facebook page:
for further details and a guide to film making and video editing advice. Further updates will follow.
Photos and report of the 2015 Film Festival are also on the facebook page.