- Click on the link to see the Minutes of the AGM held on 14th June 2019. AGM MINUTES 2019
- Click on the link below to see the Minutes of the Sheet Association and Community Trust AGM 2018:
- AGM MINUTES 2018
- Click on the link below to see the Minutes of the Sheet Association and Community Trust AGM 2016:
- Sheet Association and Community Trust – AGM – Minutes – 2016
- Click on the link below to see the Agenda for the Sheet Association and Community Trust AGM 2016:
- Sheet Association and Community Trust AGM Agenda 2016
- Click on the link below to see the Minutes of the Sheet Association and Community Trust AGM 2015:
- Sheet Association and Community Trust – AGM – Minutes – 2015 – Final Version
THE SHEET ASSOCIATION
• The Sheet Association (formerly Sheet Village Association) is the residents’ association of Sheet. It became the Sheet Association when Sheet Parish was formed and includes all the residents of the parish.
• It applied for Charitable Status and the Sheet Village Community Trust was set up in 2012 to receive grants and bequests, and to acquire assets.
• In 2019 the Community Trust was converted into a Foundation Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO), with identical Objects and Powers to the original Trust.
• The Sheet Village Community Trust is a legally constituted body outside the Parish Council, with the following objectives:
o Conservation of the environment in and around the village of Sheet
o Provision and enhancement of public amenities in Sheet
o Education of the public about conservation and protection of the environment within Sheet
o Acquisition of equipment and/or land with or without buildings for the purposes of public amenity, recreation and enjoyment.
• The Sheet Association furthers these objectives and fosters a sense of community identity by:
o Encouraging participation in community and social activities.
o Focussing and expressing the views of the residents of Sheet.
o Welcoming and informing new residents about Sheet and the neighbourhood.
o Providing Sheet News, published twice-yearly.
o Providing a community website. Sheetvillage.net
• The working committee of the Sheet Association, is elected at the Annual General Meeting. The current committee is:
Chairman: Andrew Platt (trustee)
Treasurer: John Trewby (trustee)
Editor Sheet News: Vaughan Clarke (trustee)
Web Site: Lesley Hall
Film Club: Jayne Flatt
Press Liaison: Lucy Pringle
Road Safety: Scott Gibbons (trustee)
Community Trust Secretary: Sue McBean
Parish Council: A Councillor
Sheet School: (FOSS) Representative
Updated Jan 2022